Outter Limits Gear VaultPack Backpack | Cooler Bag Insulated Portable Soft Shell with Interior Heavy Duty Hard Case | Sturdy Leak Proof Lightweight System with 2 Cold Ice Packs |
The VaultPack is a backpack cooler system with an innovative new design that’s like nothing you’ve seen before. The VaultPack system includes:
- DURABLE & VERSATILE: Our backpack cooler bag boasts a tear-resistant rubber-coated exterior, ensuring that it can withstand any rough handling. The leak proof zipper adds an extra layer of protection, ensuring that your items stay dry and safe inside. The interior is lined with food-grade material, which not only helps to prevent food spoilage but also keeps your items fresh. It also features a removable interior hard case that provides multiple storage options for your food and drinks.
- COMFORTABLE & HANDS-FREE: Our backpack has a breathable padded mesh back panel and shoulder straps, evenly distributing weight for maximum comfort. This means you can carry your belongings without strain or discomfort, leaving your hands free for other tasks. Additionally, it also has an adjustable chest strap for a personalized fit that suits your body perfectly. Say goodbye to uncomfortable and burdensome bags and hello to a more comfortable and hands-free experience with our backpack.
- CONVENIENT EXTERIOR STORAGE: Our backpack is designed to make your life easier. Take advantage of the removable and interchangeable exterior pockets to easily organize and access your belongings. The exterior daisy chains sewn into the backpack straps offer additional attachment points for items like carabiners, clips, keys, water bottles, and external pouches. No more digging through a cluttered bag to find what you need!
- ENHANCED CARRYING OPTIONS: Outter Limits VaultPack Backpack offers various ways to carry your backpack when traveling or going on a trip. These options are designed to make it easier and more comfortable for you to carry your items wherever you go. You can enjoy the padded backpack straps for added comfort during longer trips, and if needed, the removable shoulder strap provides alternative carrying methods. Having these enhanced carrying options gives travelers more flexibility and comfort.
- PREMIUM QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY: Our backpack cooler bag is designed with airtight features and a leakproof zipper, ensuring the freshness and integrity of your food. The food-grade lining guarantees the safety of your items, while the heavy-duty construction ensures long-lasting durability. Say goodbye to flimsy cooler bags that easily break or tear, and choose our premium-quality backpack cooler bag for all your food storage needs.
I had been using an upright travel cooler similar to this size and shape, but seemed to be top-heavy and often fell over when I was traveling, sometimes spilling water (melted ice) in my truck. I was intrigued with the fully sealing zipper this Outer Limits Gear Vaultpack Backpack had, and figured it would be nice to have the ability to carry this as a backpack while rolling my luggage.
Both the interior and the exterior of this cooler are very thick and rugged; I don't feel like I need to worry about something with a sharp-ish corner ripping the inner lining and causing the insulation to forever after hold water.
The zipper did not disappoint, and from what I can tell the zipper doesn't allow water to escape, even if the cooler falls over. However, it's so hard to pull my wife can barely open it. Luckily this is primarily my travel cooler, so she doesn't use it often; just keep in mind that if you have someone very young or very old, or just very not strong, they will struggle to open or close it.
I can't see really using this backpacking, but all of the varied attachment points on it are great nonethe less. I've used them to attach some random items to the cooler to make a single trip up to the hotel room rather than having to come back for a second trip.
I believe there are some other options that can be purchased to put onto the front velcro, but I haven't looked into them. I'm good with the one it came with, since I always travel with a water and this has a dedicated space for it leaving my hands free for luggage.
I had the most questions in my head about the "Vault"; I've owned coolers with hard-molded separators and dividers included before, but never anything like this. I wasn't sure what to expect, but knew that Outer Limits was a good brand that made good quality products so decided to give it a shot. Now that I've had the cooler for a few months, I just don't see myself using the vault. It takes up far too much space within the cooler, by the time you add the ice packs (or standard ice), you would be left with very little space for actual food or items being stored.
The price was around $250 when I ordered; I would definitely suggest that Outer Limits sell the vault and cooler separately to bring down the cost of the cooler, and allow only people who have an actual use for the vault to purchase. At $200 for just the cooler (just a price I made up as reasonable without the vault), this would be very competitively priced with other high-end coolers and match or surpasses them in quality.
This is a great cooler for a day trip. I used it every day on our beach trip. We kept drinks and snacks in it. The inner hard shell container is really nice and can be organized to separate your food and drinks. We had just enough room for everyone to have some lunch, which isn’t bad considering we have 6 people in our family. However, you could probably fit more if you leave the inside constrained behind. It is nice that it has backpack straps, but I wouldn’t want to carry it for a long distance since it’s not particularly light weight. It also comes with 4 small ice packs to help keep your food and drinks cold. I have also started using really thin ice packs to pack around the outside of the hard shell container, however these were NOT included with the cooler. I would recommend getting some though as I think they are pretty helpful. I am getting ready to head out on a camping trip and am considering bringing this. It’s only for a night, so I suspect it will do well since it’s not a long trip. I am happy with it overall.
First let me say that I am not at all sure what the vault/insert is for. Perhaps it’s just to sit on? I suggest taking it out and finding something else to sit on. Even with the vault removed this still has some weight to it, but it is significantly reduced. The only plus to the vault, other than it being a chair, is that it offers some protection to your sandwiches, so you’ll be the judge of whether you need it or not. With the vault removed you will have a lot more space. This thing does an awesome job of keeping things cold. I mean if I have to carry around a cooler, I want it to be a backpack like this one. The back and the straps have a nice amount of padding on them, so carrying it is about as comfortable as it is going to get. The whole thing is well insulated, and it has some extra outside pockets and MOLLE attachments, which is a nice touch. I will say you’re not going to beat the quality of this backpack. I have considered testing it out as a dry bag as well. Overall, I would say that this is well made, a bit on the heavy side, but they didn’t skimp on materials or craftmanship. This is a bag that is going to last a long time. If they can find a way to lighten it up and make it a little less bulky, it will be a solid 5 star insulated backpack.
This is a quality item. Light but tough and sturdy. Tough material, great straps. Just as good as much more expensive brands, in my experience. Deserves more than 5 Stars. Highly recommend.
It's a clone of the Yeti-style backpack cooler, though slightly smaller. It has a hard plastic insert that looks like a lunch box and fits flush into the cooler. The insert has 4 cooling packs you put in the freezer before you use it. There are compartments in the insert to keep the items from rolling over each other. It's a bummer though because beer cans don't fit perfectly in there.
The good news is that you should be able to fit the cans in the cooler without the insert, but I haven't checked to see if that's watertight. It doesn't look like that should be a problem though because the cooler looks well-made.
This is a really expensive cooler that is priced like a similar Yeti backpack cooler which is bigger. The price for this cooler is a big leap for customers to pick this cooler over the tried and true Yeti brand